The Negroni is one of the most bitter cocktail drink made by combination of Campari, vermouth and and gin. The cocktail was invented in Florence in 1919. You must have heard the name “Negroni” in Ian Fleming’s first 007 novel, it was a favorite of James Bond. Negroni was invented by replacing soda in drink “Americano” with gin. This drink bitter, sweet, dry, and refreshing all at once.
- 1 oz London Dry Gin
- 1 oz Campari
- 1 oz Sweet Vermouth
- To Garnish: Orange peel
- Add all the three ingredients into a mixing glass with ice, and stir until well-chilled.It generally takes 20 seconds.
- Strain into a rocks glass filled with large ice cubes.
- Garnish with twist of an orange peel.
Use a large ice cubes instead small ones for better chilling and dilution.
Twisted Negroni Cocktail
- You can use Genever instead of gin and have totally new drink called “Brian Negroni”.
- Add Creme de cacao and chocolate bitter to the original Negroni and your “chocolate Negroni” is ready.
Can’t find ingredients or equipment in local market?? You can order all the products mentioned above from Amazon from their given link. For alcohol, you need to get it yourself.
**Drink responsibly. A person should be of legal age to consume alcohol. Do not drink and drive.